A Word of Hope
Your soul is immortal. It will never die. But when separating from your body, two destinies will be for it: HEAVEN (eternity with God – eternal happiness) or eternity without God (eternal suffering). And there is only one person in this world who can choose the place where you will live forever.
You will say that this person is God, but God says in His Word, the Holy Bible, that this person is you. Only you can choose or determine the eternal destiny of your soul. You may, if you wish, choose heaven now, but if you think you can leave this matter for another time, you have already chosen to live an eternity without God. If you die now, you will go there for ever and ever. Not dying now, you will be walking into eternity without God.
Surely you want Heaven. And for you to be sure you’ll enjoy it, that’s what you should do:
* Recognize yourself as a sinner. God says: “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
* Recognize that you can’t go to Heaven by your own efforts. (Eph 2: 8 and 9)
* Believe that only Jesus Christ can lead you to Heaven. Jesus says in John 14: 6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” Jesus didn’t say one of the ways, but THE way.
* Accept Jesus Christ as your only Savior. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved”. (Acts 16:31)
But some will say, I’m young and I’ll leave it for later. We would like to say two things:
* You don’t have to be old to be close to eternity.
The prophecies of the Bible say that Jesus will come again; and these prophecies are fulfilled in our days. What will your life be like on that day? Think about it. For the only means of receiving this blessing is Jesus. “Behold, I am coming quickly!” (Rev. 22:7)
But if you don’t want to choose Heaven, know that you’re going into eternity without God, under His wrath. “…and he who does not believe the Son (Jesus) the wrath of God abides on him”. (John 3:36b)